View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 02:30 PM  
halloumi
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Table smaller than hamster cage’s depth (Duna Maxi Multy)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ha ha maybe I got it wrong- it might be 39cm - I haven’t found the depth an issue - and currently have a 50cm deep cage on it.

The toilet paper strips are just for building a nest. Hamsters don’t usually pee in the nest apart from babies having the odd accident at first. It wasn’t a suggestion for substrate/litter for the base of the cage.

Out of the ones you’ve listed I’d go with Kaytee Clean and cozy - but I still think Fitch is better and works out cheaper. I’ve used it for years and never had an issue. Occasionally batches vary in that they will be less white or more white or occasionally a bit less soft but it’s always good stuff. The main issue recently is that it was out of stock for a month or so after Christmas. It works out a lot cheaper than Kaytee Clean and cozy - which seems identical to me except the Fitch tends to be a better texture in my opinion.
I will buy the cage before I go to Ikea, and bring the base along with me to test it out on various IKEA furniture! If you're finding it works fine with a 50cm deep cage then I'm sure I am just painting a strange vision in my head and it will be completely secure!

Thank you so much for all of your advice, I will definitely look to get Fitch down the line but until there's a good time to order it (when I'm in to receive the parcel), I will just pick up a bag of Kaytee, and use toilet paper in the house once they're potty trained. Until then, I'll use whatever the breeder is using
halloumi is offline   Reply With Quote