Thread: Nugget's thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Nugget's thread

Slight update. He looked fine today. Maybe he had just woken up yesterday. No sticky eye and face looking nice and normal - his fur is still a bit raggy and his skin looks very pink. The vet commented his skin looked pink.

I have really been needing to sort out his cage but been letting him settle a bit. So did just a very little bit of spot cleaning in his old house (the abandoned one) at one side of the cage. He still has a nest inthere with a hoard under it. It wasn't too bad so just spot cleaned the toilet compartment. He came out looking concerned and went straight in there and into his nest to see if his hoard was still there or if it had been stolen! So I got a good look at him then but haven't been able to see underneath.

Anyway as he looked ok today have given the antibiotic today. Probiotics haven't arrived yet - hopefully today. I am wondering why he is skin is such a dark pink colour.

He'll have had antibiotics for 9 days now and I'm wondering if 10 days is more than enough. I am not sure what 2 weeks worth is going to achieve - but will try and get a look at his underside if possible before deciding.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote