View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 11:05 AM  
WillowHamHam
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Female Syrian is losing her fur !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Very sorry to hear Willow is unwell.
Did you vet consider Cushing's disease? The hair loss doesn't normally begin around the face with Cushing's but with a combination of hair loss & increased thirst it may still be something to consider.
It doesn't sound as though anything in the cage is likely to be causing a problem, Carefresh can be dusty & some hams don't do well on it but if she's always been on it I wouldn't expect it to be that.
They can develop a problem with mites for various reasons but your vet would need to do a skin scrape to be sure about that.
Do you have any photos? That might give a clearer idea of what's going on.
There's some information on Cushing's here.
Cushings and Treatment
Cushings Disease in Syrian Hamsters - Hamster Central WIKI
I can only get clear pictures of her neck, she moves too fast for me to get any good pictures of her tummy! I am hoping that it isn'y Cushings, although I know it may be a possibility, as I saw her scratching quite a lot at her right ear earlier which isn't supposed to coincide with symptoms of Cushings. If you have any other ideas please let me know

Also, quick question! Do you have any idea how long the Xeno should take to show any improvement? The vet didn't mention and I completely forgot to ask. Its not a problem if you don't, I am back in for work experience tomorrow so I should be able to ask then . Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3368.JPG (26.6 KB, 14 views)
WillowHamHam is offline   Reply With Quote