View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 09:31 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: The Metallica Chronicles

I thought that it might be about time for an update from The Metallica Chineseys.

Since I last wrote, Charlotte was paired to James but due to aggression on his part, the pair did not remain together long enough for anything to occur. James was finally retired from breeding and Charlotte was tried with both Jack and Alex and was not too keen on either. In hindsight, it was probably for the best as Alex went on to develop diabetes. I decided to give Charlotte a rest from attempted pairing as she'd become rather high maintenance and brought in Jodie who I had hoped would be a suitable wife for Jack once old enough but she also developed diabetes and could not be used. Jack went on a breeding holiday over Christmas but failed to produce pups.

As you may know, Lord James died peacefully in his bed at the end of January at the grand old age of three years and almost six months and his son Alex was put to sleep less than a week later due to his struggles with diabetes. Jack returned from is holiday the following day as the new 'Earl of Metallica' and will be paired again with both Charlotte and a girl that has come here on a holiday. I am really keen to continue on James's bloodline and Jack is now the only chance I have.

The Show Team have been doing well with John being awarded his second COM at the end of last year and Ben being awarded his first at the beginning of this year. I hope that both of these two lads will remain key members for the majority of this year's shows as Jack faces retirement.

Metallica Hamstery also welcomed Emily Rhiann at the beginning of the year. I didn't actually set out to get another hamster at the Bath show but once I set eyes on Emily, I couldn't say no. She is only the fourth Dominant Spot in Metallica Hamstery's entire history.

Anyway, here's a few photos too...

John by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Juniebug by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Ben by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Emily by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote