View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 06:58 AM  
EmmaAndChester
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Baytril by injection?

See, 0.01ml of 0.5mg/ml is also a safe dosage - but it wont be effective for an animal in large amounts of discomfort. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing to worry about with concentration/dosage you've been given here. From what I can find (http://web.jhu.edu/animalcare/COMPLE...0FORMULARY.pdf) the dosage for hamsters with regards to metacam (being taken orally) is 1-2mg/kg. The conc. you've been given is 1.5mg/kg, so falls within that range. It is high, yes - but it's not unsafe, and given that you've mentioned that he appears to be uncomfortable, the higher concentration is not surprising.

0.03ml is a safe amount of 1.5mg/kg to administrate a robo who weighs 25g-30g (on average). If he weighs less than this, 0.02ml would be the typical dose of 1.5ml/kg for an animal of 20g. If you could weigh him, we will be able to know for sure.

I'm no expert on hamster medication haha, but I fail to see anything wrong with the dosage she's given you and it falls within range of veterinary standard.
EmmaAndChester is offline   Reply With Quote