View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 12:39 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Baytril by injection?

Ok - I have solved the syringe business! The vet pointed to the .3 mark on the syringe and the .2 mark for the Baytril (which should be .03 and .02). Thanks to Vectis I have now solved this and it is a bit concerning that the vet pointed to the wrong markings (and showed me very clearly). She did mention about putting 10 doses into jelly set as a cube and cutting it into 10 so it's possible she pointed to .3 as a 10 dose mark - but then she also pointed to .2 for Baytril! And said I couldn't put that in food (as you say Emma) because they won't eat it.

Anyway I now know it is the 0.02 mark on the syringe! Thanks to a photo from Vectis.

Have already been through the issue of holding Nugget to administer the meds - he is a very nervy hamster and not that tame. It would stress him terribly to be picked up every day (and that's if I could find him - he tends to flatten himself behind his wheel up against the bars to avoid being picked up!). As he is getting older, I don't want to stress him and I'm weighing things up - particularly as I think it may be a tumour.

The vet said the same - that he won't eat food if it's got baytril in or won't eat all of it - but if others have found it works in something like the tiny bit of dog food then that may be worth a try.

Thank you Emma - yes I need to think all this through

Nugget is acting perfectly normally(as long as you leave him alone!) and not unwell in the slightest and active. He does look a bit ropey but doesn't seem ill.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote