View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 02:11 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Baytril by injection?

Thank you all. I also thought .02 of a ml sounded a lot. I will check the bottle and see if it's been diluted already (if it says on the bottle). I haven't started it yet and am waiting a while. There is no way I can feed him via Syringe - at the moment he is terrified and even generally would just run from a syringe. (Robo).

I agree Emma - I wouldn't normally use anything for cats or dogs with a hamster - but if Vectis has used Country Hunter with hamsters I am sure it is fine It would be a case of a tiny pee sized bit with the meds mixed in.

I am very much inclined to think he has a malignant tumour though, by the way he looks and the fact he isn't unwell and is very active and acting normally. And just the look of the lumps.

Vet recommended making a small square of jelly and mixing 10 doses of the metacam into that before it was set then cutting the set cube into 10 and giving him a bit with his food each day.

The dose of Metacam prescribed was .03 ml of the dog metacam which also sounded high to me. But she is an exotic vet. And said recently it had been decided they had been underdosing Metacam in hamsters and changed the way they give it.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote