View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 05:40 PM  
EmmaAndChester
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Baytril by injection?

I would assume it's likely 0.02 of a ml; be careful with reading the syringe - 0.2ml is far too much baytril for a robo, unless it is seriously diluted. Even so, it'd be extremely unusual for a vet to diagnose such a large amount for a hamster.

Added snippet; I'm also not a huge fan of using cat food for hamsters, unless it's applaws (their broth varietys) or cosma nature which are not complete cat foods, so contain no added vitamins/minerals dosed at levels for cats (which could be potentially dangerous for hamsters). I'm not familiar with the brand country hunter, but they remind me vaguely of the brand AATU that I use with my hedgehog - and if they are similar with consistency (i.e. it looks like raw ground meat), you are going to have an awful lot of trouble with managing that in a 1ml syringe without it getting messy and/or blocked. Using the broth from applaws or cosma nature would be so much easier, less mess, and no risk of overdosing anyone with vitamins/minerals. I know you already ordered it, I personally would just stress caution with using complete cat foods for hamsters.

Last edited by EmmaAndChester; 03-02-2019 at 05:47 PM.
EmmaAndChester is offline   Reply With Quote