View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 10:00 AM  
EmmaAndChester
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Make your own hamster mix?

You can find ideas on German forums, mostly;

https://www.das-hamsterforum.de/t/fu...ischen.180417/

HAMSTER INFO - Ernährung

^ I will stress extreme caution when creating your own homemade mix. They are expensive, time consuming, and potentially deadly if done incorrectly. It is much safer to just order a pre-made high quality mix online. My favourite is Getzoo (who also make syrian mixes) but Rodipet also stock high quality mixes (I recommend the hybrid version only, I'm not a fan of their other diets).

Both of these companies offer very high quality, pellet-free, species-appropriate diets. I used to feed my crew homemade diets, before i switched them onto Getzoo and in all honesty, I have never looked back. IMO, homemade diets aren't superior to either of these brands and unless you have a hamster who has very, very specific requirements that would require a diet tailored specifically to their needs, it really is not worth the hassle to go down the homemade route. The ingredients found in both of these brands - and for Getzoo in particular - are pretty much identical to the ingredients often included in homemade mixes and if you're in Europe to order them, I would recommend choosing Getzoo (or rodipet, if you prefer) over a homemade mix any day.
EmmaAndChester is offline   Reply With Quote