View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 09:25 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Humbug

Thank you mangoandmimi, cypher, dreamtree234, Charlie Dunn, pinpixie and Serendipity7000

Happy Little Fella!

Humbug has been thoroughly enjoying the Rodipet hybrid food – often see him sitting in his bowl tucking into the vast array of seeds leaving empty shells everywhere! A few days after my last post Humbug’s 9” silent runner arrived to replace he stinky wooden wheel (even through plastikoted pee managed to soak into the wood). I still have a fleece liner in his wheel attached with Velcro to be gentler on his stump – luckily he hasn’t shown any interest in chewing it but still check it daily to be on the safe side.

Every evening Humbug gets to come out for a cuddle and a play. His playarea is set up beneath the Lack table which his cage sits upon. Although the past few days he been getting to come downstairs in the evening and sit with me on the sofa which he lounges on the blanket besides me which he begins to doze off. He such a chilled out hammy! Humbug has also gotten accustomed to my voice so now when I call him out for playtimes he will come out from one of his various nests – although sometimes when calling Liquorice he will come and vice versa – although neither seems bothered by one another.

Here are a few photos I have taken during his playtimes …

Humbug has really grown up into such a loveable sweet gentle fella! His fur is still remaining light at the moment although is darkening – he has few darker spots appearing on his back. I must admit I have grown to love his grey fur so will take some adjusting when he gets him summer coat back. The fur has fully regrown on his stump too. I weighed him the other week and was surprised that be weighs 55g – as a thought he would be slightly more but his fluffy winter coat makes him appear larger.

Last week I cleaned Humbug’s cage so I re-arranged his cage to provide him with a more natural set up. Although left his wooden train in as he does love laying in the evening and peering out of the windows. I ran out of fitch so his bedding depth is still lower than I would like however ordered a bale of softacard so will top his cage up when it arrives. This is how his cage currently looks and he’s been loving it too (lion house photo was taken whilst in his previous set up)…

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote