View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 06:48 PM  
Lonaa1x
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Dwarf hamster sudden biting (please read first not the same as others ive seen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I wouldn't blow on her - that is likely to make things worse. It's not nice for the hamster and they'd see it as a bit of an aggressive action.

Usually hamsters bite because they're afraid or they're in pain. Have you made any changes to her cage recently or cleaned her out recently? That can stress them especially if the nest or hoard are removed. They can also bite sometimes if they've just woken up and weren't expecting to be picked up (ie half asleep and a defensive reaction if they feel something is invading and possibly a predator).
I dont blow hard but i read somewhere that can be a way to distract them to get them off and it normally works a gentle breeze i call it haha. She normally stops asif to say huh what was that because i blow near her bottom.
Haven't changed anything in her cage or done anything different. She asked to play and i always make sure even when she asks she knows im going to pop my hand in her cage and she gets very excited trying to jump on it before its even to the floor.
She still does all this but shes biting now instead. Could it just be she getting older and doesn't fully understand its not the same?
Lonaa1x is offline   Reply With Quote