View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 03:19 PM  
Lonaa1x
Newborn Pup

Question Dwarf hamster sudden biting (please read first not the same as others ive seen)

I got my little hammie Cotton in January last year with im assuming her sister Nibbles... I had to separate them as they were fighting (a little irrelevant but abit of the back story)

Ever since she settled into her cage a custom built one the same as VanillaHamHam on youtube (i think maybe 3ft x 1 and a half) she would come to the glass and scratch on it whenever she wanted attention or treats or fresh food and water.

She has always done this thing where she nibbles on my fingers and nails but never bite. We played this little game where she would bite (i say bite but wasnt hard or painful) just enough to dangle from my finger and i would place her somewhere else in the cage and then rustle in another part where she would come running to find me to play again. She was never rough and only a few times got a little to excited and would bite harder but again normally excited or if she had fell from my finger (dont worry only a few cm and she was never hurt) so she would grab on harder... When she wanted to stop she would just stop chasing the finger and do something else.

However lately she asks to play and she bites really hard and doesn't let go until i blow on her to make her stop and even then i have to try and gently push her with my other hand. She has drawn blood a few times but nothing to bad, but for a whole year she was okay playing the same way we always did and this would happen a few times a week as she would always latch on instantly so i knew thats what she wanted. I haven't changed anything and i never go in smelling like my other hamster or other pets...

Is there a reason shes doing this now? as she still lets me pick her up and she still asks to play but shes gotton very bad at biting.
Lonaa1x is offline   Reply With Quote