View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 08:56 PM  
xosunflowerox
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Best wheel for Tamburino cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Are you using the long wood house that came with the cage or have you removed it? If it's been removed then they need somewhere dark to go to feel secure and a house big enough to build a large cosy nest in. So a house that's dark inside and a good size is needed really. The built in one is ideal as it's space saving and also large and dark at one end and makes a bit of a shelf to put a food bowl on etc.

With those built in houses I put a thin layer of substrate inside it so it's not bare plastic underneath and they build a nest on top. They like to bury hoards under or near their nest usually and snack in bed

You can also have the substrate deep enough that it almost covers the entrance an then scoop a bit out where the house entrance is, and then it mimic an underground burrow.
I am not using the house that came with it, but maybe I can switch to that one. Right now, I am using this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My hamster has piled a lot of substrate in front of the house and inside it. The window is completely covered and she has a hole burrowing down inside. I gave her some toilet paper pieces last night and she added it inside the house. Most of the time I can't see her in there, but if I look closely, I see the substrate moving as she breathes.
xosunflowerox is offline   Reply With Quote