View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 03:57 AM  
pixs
Newborn Pup

Default New Hamster what breed ?not tame

Hi ,

I am first time owner. Pixel, 11 week old male, not sure about breed. pet shop said he is a 'Russian hamster' he looks like a winter white, he has the black stripe down his back. I have him 2 weeks now

what breed is he? sorry I don't have better pics.

also when we got him the lady working at the pet shop just grabbed from from the top (I read not to because they will think you are a predator) and said he is scared cos all the kids like to carry him at the shop. and we must carry him everyday or he will bite us.

he was really scared on us hissing and showing teeth.
we have not done what she said, we give him snacks everyday. and I carried him once , he did calmly walked onto my hand, although I did corner him a bit because I needed to clean his cage. Today he did hiss at him for not just leaving his snack I was waiting for him to walk onto me (I think I was annoying). How do I properly tame him, so we can both enjoy each others company?

also do I get another male? is he lonely or are they better alone? (im new and just trying to do right by him)

he was a habitrail ovo loft (biggest the shop had). I have plans in future to attach it to a bin cage, its what I have read is better?

please help me.

Last edited by pixs; 02-15-2019 at 05:54 AM. Reason: adding picture
pixs is offline   Reply With Quote