View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 04:12 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Silent Runner wide?

Cypher is right, the shipping cost can be high from the US and on top of that you may get stung for import duties in the Uk. That happened to be once when I bought something from the US on ebay and the UK postal service wouldn't deliver it until I paid another £36 in import taxes! It was an expensive mistake!

The shipping to the Uk from Exotic Nutrition themselves is $66 dollars on top of the cost of the wheel - a total of $88.89 - about £78.

It probably does just mean being patient and getting something else meanwhile - the reason it's hard to find in the Uk is the Uk sellers import it from the US. So the main supplier in the Uk is the sugarglider shop. I expect they are waiting for stock after the quiet patch over Christmas and New Year - everything tends to be out of stock in January because of that.

It's a pain - same thing happened to me when I decided to get the Alexander cage - it was out of stock for ages. Where did you see the larger silent runner in stock? The green one?

The two best wheels really are the wood Trixie wheel and the Silent Runner. Both are silent and run really well. And the Trixie wheel is only about £9. But can quite understand you wanting a Silent Runner. Meanwhile if your hammy urgently needs a wheel it would be best to just get something quickly and then change to the silent runner later.

Amazon do next day delivery on the plastic trixie wheel which is £8.99 and I'm sure if you add a note on your order that says "anything but pink" they will oblige! I found the trixie flying saucer was a good stop gap until I could get a wheel sorted and that was next day delivery too. And I still use it for out of cage time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Exer...s=trixie+wheel

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Runn...e+running+disc

I can't even find the wide silent runner for sale anywhere in the Uk. It seems everyone is out of stock of silent runners at the moment.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote