View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 04:06 PM  
mangoandmimi
Little Miss Tinytoes

Default Re: Hamster screeched at me!

I'd stop with the bathtub it often isn't effective with robos and just turns into a rather scary experience. Either you're in the bathtub or you're approaching from directly above, neither of which are ideal for an untame hamster.
If you want to do out of cage taming then a low & small bin might work. Filled with deep bedding and a few hides, no chasing round the cage or anything just let her come to you. That said after the screech I'd just leave her alone for a few days or she'll likely just get more frightened. And I would only move onto out of cage taming when she is ok with hands in the cage ie not running and hiding immediately. With robos they do just take longer and you have to be patient with them. I did a lot of the taming with my robo just in the cage as it was less stressful for her but that'll depend on how easy it is to access really. Lots of robos don't like time out of the cage so you just have to go with whatever suits her.

Can't really tell from the pics but it doesn't look as though she has much bedding - the base needs filling to almost the top if you haven't already, so she can burrow a bit & feel more secure.
mangoandmimi is offline   Reply With Quote