View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 05:54 AM  
Mweekie
Senior Hamster

Talking Went in for a Vet appointment...Meet Cocoa!

Hello,

Well as some of you might know it was my Bonnie's (Russian Hybrid) vet appointment yesterday. She had it at the vets inside Pets At Home, as they do a free vet health check with every animal they sell.

So all went fine with that...as I was about to leave Pets At Home, my friend who has worked there for 15 years came over to me and said that she had a hamster that she'd thought I'd like. I really trust my friend because she tries to steer all her customers toward the adoption section and then tells them where to get a decent cage from as well lol.

So I agreed to take a look at the new one. My friend took me to the adoption section and showed me Cocoa, who was originally named Tommy, but when the previous owners bought her back to the store, they found she was female and then named her Cocoa. Cocoa is only 10 weeks old and had only been in the adoption section for a day.

Needless to say...Cocoa is now settling in at home lol.

Cocoa is a lovely soft brown colour with hints of caramel with a little white strip down her chin to her chest. No photos as of yet as need uploading from phone. She seems quite friendly and didn't fuss much during the journey from the shop. I bought an extra carrier as I have previous experience of Syrians in Pets At Home boxes lol. My friend even popped in a few wooden toys and Cocoa's carrot (which she was trying to stuff into her mouth as fast as possible before leaving the store lol).

When I opened the carrier to put her in, Cocoa just strolled out into her new home with no signs of being scared. I made sure that she had all the bedding with her so it was easy to scatter it around the tank. A couple of hours afterwards though, I heard a few loud squeaks when she discovered her sleeping box, but all quiet a few moments later.

I am definitely enjoying caring for both Bonnie (aka Bon-Bon) and Cocoa.

Feels lovely to fill up empty tanks.

Mweekie xx

Currently being owned by: Casper (Syrian Hamster) Winnie (cat), Inca (corn snake), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Truffle and Speedy (tarantulas)
Mweekie is offline   Reply With Quote