View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 10:48 PM  
alpacassei
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Hamster keeps biting cage? pls help

Female Syrians do better in 100 x 50cm cages, the Barney on Zooplus is a good cage and pretty cheap (around £55). Some Syrians are okay in 80 x 50 cm cages but its very hard to fit in a lot pf Syrian sized toys/hides. As she grows, the tunnels might get a bit small so they might need removing in case she gets stuck.

The most important thing right now is to get her a decent sized wheel since she cant run properly on a wheel that small, the 28cm wooden trixie wheel on Zooplus will fit as long as the substrate is kept low around it.

I recommend adding a few more toys and hides as well. Cardboard boxes and pringles tubes make great houses and tunnels. I’ll find some links to good Syrian toys and chews on p@h and Zooplus later today (not fully awake now lol) but I recommend getting a few small and medium bendy bridges.

Scatter her food around and bury some of it in the substrate for her to forage for as well! I’m not sure what food she’s on but Harry Hamster is the best commercially available food in the UK abd its pretty cheap, like £2.50 a bag. You can usually find millet sprays in the bird section of pet stores and even Wilko, they’re also great for foraging. I also recommend Whimzees dog chews, they’re 100% safe and very popular with hamsters! Mine like the orange sticks the most
alpacassei is offline   Reply With Quote