View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 09:31 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Humbug

Thank you teamlamont, Coco61, Serendipity7000, cypher, pinkpixie, BorisPasha, mangoandmimi, Pazzie and dreamtree1234.

_______

A Little Teapot

Humbug is still doing tremendously his personality is really blossoming he is so inquisitive, who loves food (currently as I type he sat in his food bowl eating) and is an absolute sweetie. I really enjoy our evening cuddles where he will happily walk from hand to hand occasionally likes to give my hand a nibble in the hope of my finger being a tasty treat although to his disappointment it isn't. The other day when cuddling him he decided to climb up my jumper and sit on my shoulder. Also I will allow him to have run around on the floor to fulfil his desire to explore - I have set up a playpen for him too - which he enjoys especially poking his nose through the crack in the cork log as I talk to him - but he has the sweetest little nose.

Plus Humbug is also now familiar with my voice and when called he will come out to investigate - as most of the time I call him out to try a new treat which most of the time gets his approval although cooked chicken he had no interest in what so ever instead wanted a cuddle. He's been loving broccoli that the other day when I walked into my bedroom I caught him with his mouth stuffed with a small floret - it was adorable but couldn't get a photo!

I am currently waiting for his (and Liquorice's) new food to arrive from Rodipet should be coming any day now - which I'm sure he will love. Just my impatient self wish it was hear already but I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

When I was out shopping the other day in my town's high-street getting a few bits for myself, I found the cutest little ceramic teapot bird feeder as soon as I saw it I was like that would be so perfect for Humbug and then realised it was reduced to £4.93 I was like Humbug needs a little teapot! This is one thing I love about having a Russian as well as a Syrian as it easier to find cute ceramic items for them. Then that evening when he was out for his evening cuddle I couldn't resist doing a little photoshoot with Buggy sitting in his teapot - the photos are just too cute!

Humbug is getting quite spoilt with new things - he also awaiting the arrival of his new wheel as his wooden wheel is not standing up well to him peeing in it. Even though I have coated it with several layers of plastikote - it difficult to fully seal the wheel when their a slight gap where the cork track meets the wheel - that when I have washed his wheel the water has caused the outer layer of the wheel to start to separate from the wheel - I have tried regluing it together but its not holding. I wanted to get him a 9" silent runner but everywhere seems to be out of stock at the moment but have managed to find a second hand one (my 12" silent runner was also purchased second hand too) - so he should have a nice wheel very soon. He is not spoilt in the slightest

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote