View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 12:12 PM  
mikatelyn
Hamster Pup

Default Re: I have the hammie version of the guy from Memento

Thanks!
I do love that HC is an international community. I've noticed a couple of unique terms that appear to be a British way of expressing things, that I do believe I will adopt into my vocabulary!

I'll have to stop back by the pet store and pick up more treats! I noticed he seems to like egg yolk too. I was worried he wouldn't be motivated to take food from me if he already had a lot of food in the cage, but quite the opposite he appears much more inquisitive and willing to take treats after following Cypher's suggestions (BTW, Thanks soooo much, Cypher!!)
One other thing I've noticed, he likes corn chex (well, Walmart knockoff brand anyway). I'd eat my cereal in front of his cage, and I think that's when he'd normally perk up. A few days ago I was short on time in the morning before work, so I decided to multitask and eat cereal in the bathtub while he played. I was distracted for a moment and he ran down my arm, stole a dry piece of chex from my bowl, and pouched it really quickly! It was rather hilarious. I of course googled it immediately, and it looked like the consensus was that this kind of cereal was safe for him. He seems to like it so much that I'll give him a tiny piece every now and then.
mikatelyn is offline   Reply With Quote