View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 08:30 AM  
Burakki
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Farewell, my Queen Martina

Pazzie, fredso, thank you for your condolences, it means a lot to have support from people that understand what you're going through.

dreamtree, I can't say how much all your words mean to me. You and Eros were our most darling buddies on this forum, and it breaks my heart that both our beauties are not with us anymore. At least, now they will be able to actually meet each other and I'm sure, the Rainbow bridge has become a much funnier place with our girls being there. I'm sure they're having so much fun causing mischief up there.
It's so sad that probably all the hams that I met when Marti and I just joined the forum are not here anymore. It's so unfair that their lifespan is so short. They are too amazing to go away in just two years.

I remember when we just got Marti... Initially, the short lifespan was supposed to be a benefit, because we didn't know whether my mom would be allergic to her or not. Also, my mom was unsure about getting a pet in the first place, so she thought that a pet that lives just two years would be a good compromise. But when we just brought her home and she started examining her new cage, my mom said "I don't want her to die in two years..." In just a couple hours, Marti managed to completely win both our heart over. The thought that it would be just for two years scared us. That was part of the reason why we got Prince Lemon, hoping that he would still be here when Marti passes, but... It didn't go out as planned. Then we got Noir the chinchilla, and I'm so happy we have him, and that chins can live for more than 20 years. I will do everything I can to make his life amazing. We tried to give Marti the best life possible, and I hope she was a happy ham.

Sometimes I think about getting another ham, but both my mom and I are not ready to lose another pet in two years. Maybe we'll get another chin, or guinea pigs... This way it won't feel like I'm just replacing Marti and Lemon. They were incredible, and brought me so much joy, so I really hope that they are having an incredible party on the Rainbow bridge with all the fabulous hams from this forum, and others that we don't know about, and with other pets that are free now. I sure hope they'll meet my childhood dogs up there and tell them all about my current life now. Our lost pets become our little angels, I believe in that.

Mommy to Noir the antique book loving chinchilla
R.I.P. Prince Lemon - my fluffy baby. I’ll never forget you. 23.09.2017 - 17.05.2018
R.I.P. Martina - my golden Queen. You were amazing. 14.02.2017 - 24.01.2019
Burakki is offline   Reply With Quote