View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 03:46 PM  
VanillaCapricorn
Newborn Pup

Question Hamster keeps biting cage? pls help

I got hamster for christmas, this was something i was not prepared for in the slightest but i love her and i want to take care of her properly. I recently got my hamster (Fanta) a new cage mainly because the one my carers got seemed to small for a syrian. She seems to really enjoy biting at one part of the cage. Its recently caused a bald spot on her muzzle so i've been worrying even more. For the record she has other stuff to chew, a wheel, 3 hides, and tubes and toilet rolls.
I've tried to block off the area she chews with her regular stuff to chew in hopes that it will stop her but she has actually managed to tear off the wall mounted stuff just to get to that spot again. She also often chitters when she does this. My friend who owns a roborovski hamster said it sounded similar to how her hamster sounds when hes sleeping or over all being relaxed. But since their different species i wanted to see if anyone had any advice? The cage is definitely large enough.

I'm going to try and get her another chew thing to hang from the ceiling of her cage.
VanillaCapricorn is offline   Reply With Quote