View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:15 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Question about cage cleaning when den is part of a tunnel system

It can be tricky to spot clean when they burrow down deep & make a tunnel system, does your ham have a house mikatelyn? I was just thinking if he had a large enough house over the area where he burrows down you could try putting a small sand tray in there & he might use that.
I wouldn't clean the cage while he's in there, I think that's too stressful for them, all you can really do is try to figure out where he's peeing & just clean that trying not to destroy too much else, you don't need to worry about poo as it's dry & they do eat some of it so that's best left for a while until it really needs doing. I would try to replace the hoard at least close to where it was if you do disturb that too.

buttercuplols what's Hesper up too? Is she peeing where she burrows down too?

Young hams don't pee that much so if they use a tray at least some of the time you shouldn't need to be cleaning anywhere else too frequently, they can have awkward habits sometimes though & you have to try & figure out what works best for them, sorry that's not terribly helpful!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote