View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 07:44 AM  
Burakki
Adult Hamster

Default Farewell, my Queen Martina

Last Thursday, at about 3 am, my precious Marti passed away and joined her friends on the rainbow bridge.

I can't tell how difficult it was for me. I couldn't make myself create this thread for almost a week, as I began crying just thinking about it.

I can't tell that it was completely unexpected, she was almost two, but it didn't make it any easier. The fact that she had only about three weeks before her second birthday only makes it more heartbreaking.

On the evening of January 23rd, Marti went out of her nest to eat and I noticed that she was breathing very heavily and moving in a weird way, as if not all her legs worked. She couldn't even climb inside her sand bath. I had to give her a little push. I understood that it was probably time. I contacted her breeder, hoping that she would come up with a miracle solution, but she said that I just need to let her go whenever she is ready.

It was a heartbreaking goodbye. I'm sure she knew that it was time and she wanted to use her last hours with us to maximum. Since it was difficult for her to walk, she climbed inside her hideout and then laid down with her little head sticking out, like a dog in a kennel. I had never seen her do it. I talked to her, and whenever she heard my voice she would lift her head and even nod, as if she understood everything I said to her. I tried giving her treats but she only nibbed a bit on baby food and couldn't eat anything else.

After a few hours, she suddenly went out from her hideout and went to her old hideout. About a month before I moved her to a bigger cage and she changed her nesting place. But that day, she went inside her old hideout, then climbed out, laid between the things that was with her in her very first cage, and passed away.

I can't tell how hard it was to understand that my little golden princess passed away. She was my very first hamster, and she was INCREDIBLE. She was so incredibly smart, so neat and so adventurous. She was an amazing escape artist, and she was always full of surprises. She came into my life when I really needed a pet, and she became the best little friend that I could ask for. I will never not be grateful for her, she was the best hamster I could've asked for.

She found her resting place in the center of the city, under a bridge that you can see fireworks from, surrounded by numerous landmarks. It is a place worth my little Queen.

I hope she met Prince Lemon, Eros, Boris, and Pasha, and all other amazing hams up there and they are having so much fun together.

Thank you, Marti, I will never forget you.

Mommy to Noir the antique book loving chinchilla
R.I.P. Prince Lemon - my fluffy baby. I’ll never forget you. 23.09.2017 - 17.05.2018
R.I.P. Martina - my golden Queen. You were amazing. 14.02.2017 - 24.01.2019

Last edited by Burakki; 01-29-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Burakki is offline   Reply With Quote