View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 04:51 AM  
Jamieking86
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New hamster sleeping in toilet

Hi guys, i didn't want to create a new thread so thought i'd ask here.

We got a playpen for him yesterday, played with him last night a bit and managed to stroke him without scaring him away, everything went well. He was running around like crazy for the first 10 mins seemed to be loving it, then quietened down and just stood in a corner for a while. Is this normal? I understand it was new to him but we didn't keep him out too long, about 15-20 mins tops i'd say. Whilst he was in his playpen i did a good spot clean in his cage of his poo, found his pee spot so got rid of the damp substrate and burried some of his food in his substrate whilst i was their. We're trying to change his diet to harry hamster instead of the muesli he's been on, so i scattered the odd bit of his new food along with his muesli, i'm trying to gradually change it. When he went back in his cage from his playpen, he seemed very quiet, he just stood in his litter tray for ages, i'd say 15 mins and didn't move. I didn't do a full clean of his cage, just a good spot clean really. Could this have upset him? I left his bedding in same place but got rid of some food their and replaced it with fresh food so everything was still in the same place for him. Here is my little baby anyway Finally managed to get a half decent pic of him
Jamieking86 is offline   Reply With Quote