View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 07:07 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: How can I get my robo to trust me? Even after I’ve messed up...

I agree about the ball definitely not good for robos (not that I'd use them for any ham but even more so the smaller species).
It can take a lot of patience but try not to rush anything, a nice big deep box would probably be best to begin getting your robo used to hands, put some substrate & a few toys in, maybe take a handful of substrate from the cage to scatter around so it smells familiar, keep sessions short (maybe 10 minutes will be enough) & to begin with just let your ham run over your hands without attempting to pick him up, do that for a good few sessions so he can get more comfortable around your hands before trying to move on.
Tempting him onto your hand with a treat, a few nice seeds or a mealworm, is fine but try not to chase him around, keep your hands still & let him come to you.
If he's more nervous after being out this time then let him settle again for a while before having another go.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote