Thread: Meet Flurry!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 12:13 PM  
alpacassei
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Meet Flurry!

I adopted another Russian dwarf from the p@h adoption centre today! She’s albino and she looks like a little white pompom! I’ll post photos once she’s settled more

She wasn’t a planned adoption, I just went in there to pick up hamster and cat food but she was so distressed I couldn’t leave her there and I had an empty cage already set up at home.

When I saw her, she was nonstop scratching and biting at the glass and trying to squeeze through the gap between the glass and the metal base and if she wasn’t trying to escape, she was running in and out of her wheel which was only 4 inches and bent her spine backwards like a banana.

I don’t know anything about her past except that she was returned by her previous owners. She’s not at all tame though and is scared of hands according to the p@h staff. She’s had a full health check and she appears to be physically healthy except being a little overweight. I don’t know her age but I estimate no more than 6 months

She’s currently in a Duna Multy (‘fun’ version), I haven’t added the barred section though because I’m worried about her bar chewing or trying to squeeze through the curved corner bars. Same reason I chose the Multy over my larger Ruffy 2.

She took around an hour to settle down and stop pacing and scratching at the cage before she went to sleep. She didn’t burrow and build a nest though like all my other Russians, she was just sleeping ontop of the substrate under a bendy bridge. She’s woken up now and having a proper explore, she definitely seems a lot calmer now. She was just now trying out her Flying Saucer and egg carton maze. She’s also finally unpouched the food she’s been storing since I first saw her in p@h so she must be feeling more comfortable in her new home.

I’m leaving her to settle for a few days before I start taming . I don’t know how tame she’ll become but she doesn’t seem agressive, just very scared.
alpacassei is offline   Reply With Quote