Thread: Newt's thread
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 03:21 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Newt's thread

Newt is officially free ranging in the lounge now and confident enough to head into the kitchen to, but I try and keep him in the lounge as too much to block off in the kitchen!

After hardly being out for a week due to my cold (except for a photo the other day) he was sitting at his door waiting to come out tonight. We were having our tea so he had to stay on the sofa and/or in his snooze cube while we ate off our knees. He was giving me looks - like a dog! Hard looks - you're eating and it smells nice.

So I gave him a bit of plain pastry off the edge of my quiche. So there we were all three of us sitting eating at the same time! Wish I'd had my camera on me. It took him a while to nibble away the hard pastry and then he carried on looking hard at my plate. So gave him a tiny bit of boiled potato. He pouched that. He was then ready to climb down and run around on the floor and we'd finished eating so I didn't stop him.

He just climbs down from the sofa these days, pootles around, zooms a bit. After 20 mins or so I put him back in his cage - and I got a Charlie treatment!

He sat there, just inside the door with his back to me and gave off a kind of - I'm in a huff - posture. Talked to him and he ignored me and kept up the aloofness. So I put his snooze cube back to the door, he jumped into it and had another 20 minutes of pootling and zooming in 3 rooms. Phew. I had to keep up with him and follow him just to keep an eye on things.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote