Thread: Get or Avoid?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 12:38 PM  
SandyT
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Get or Avoid?

Thank you Cypher and Mary. I'm not really aware of any independents that sell hams. Though I did recently see an independent that sold other small animals and it was shocking. I must be either very naive or very stupid as I didnt think places were like that anymore.
I definately think after reading what you said Cypher, I shouldn't get the one I saw. It's a real shame, she was beautiful.
I've looked at the breeders list before and annoyingly must have only thought there was one page. Last night, I saw a local breeder on there and was so excited, especially when I saw pics on their FB page. Unfortunately, they stopped breeding at the end of last year.
I could go to a further afield P@H but they didn't want to sell me one before because I'd be travelling on public transport and they were concerned the journey was too long and be too stressful. Having said that, I'd have my cage set up this time and have a proper carry container with a house and lots of Fitch.
Silly question but when you get home, how do you get them out of the carry container into the cage? I wouldn't want to scare/stress the ham anymore.
Thank you again.
SandyT is offline   Reply With Quote