View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 12:09 PM  
RJS
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Please Meet Theodore

So .. yesterday after an uneventful day at work I came home to find that Theodore had had quite the busy day playing. There was substrate thrown around everywhere and a couple of new mounds had appeared where there weren't mounds before. When he does this it always amuses me - but what made yesterday very different is that he'd filled in everyone of the entrances to his various hides. He has a number of dollar store gift boxes of various sizes and shapes in Theordoreville and between them, there are eight doorways and all eight were blocked up. Even the space under his bendy bridge had been filled in!

At this point I tried to play Serendipity7000 and racked my brain trying to figure out if there was a message in all of this but try as I might, nothing would come to mind. Last time he moved this much substrate around it was because he was royally annoyed at me but lately he's had nothing to be mad at me about. The only option was to flop down on the couch and wait for his highness to emerge from his castle. Which he did at around 9:00pm

He's always been easy to read and within no time I could tell that he was in a terrific mood. "Hey little guy" I said, "You had yourself one busy day!" "Yes I did" he grinned back, as he foraged around the cage as he does when he wakes. "Would you like a mealworm wrapped in a baby spinach leaf to regain your strength?" I joked. "Yes. I would Hamster Dad ... I really would". "Well here you go then" I said as he grabbed his favourite meal from my fingers .... "So do you want to tell me what's up with the blocked entrances?" I questioned. "Nope" he mumbled, mouth full of spinach. "You don't need to know" .... and so it goes
RJS is offline   Reply With Quote