View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 11:24 PM  
WeezyBee
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Is my syrian hamster losing hair?

I have a long-haired Syrian hamster, and just moments ago he woke up and drank some water. I held him but when I turned on the light I saw that his back had lines on it? The area between his ears and a bit on the side had a lot of vertical lines, it looked like it was hairlines or a super thin layer of hair (?) with a little bit of pink. So I searched up furless hamsters or hamsters that were balding to see if it's similar but most hamsters had horizontal lines or had no lines at all. I don't think it was there before. I used by hand and pet him and I could cover it up with some fur but that was so odd. I wished I took a picture but he kept squirming and now he's in his hut. I'm worried he's losing hair. I got him last year during March so he is almost one year old now. I don't know if it was just weird bed hair day but once he wakes up again later today I'll check.

I would also like to point out that he seems to be acting normal and is still excited whenever I'm near the cage. It's just his fur I am concerned about.

Last edited by WeezyBee; 01-14-2019 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Lack of info
WeezyBee is offline   Reply With Quote