View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 08:15 AM  
Ralphieboy
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Drinking loads and not weeing

So booked Harry an appointment at the vets on Friday, as the drinking loads had continued, on Thursday evening I went to bed a bit later than usual so was downstairs until quite late, that’s when I realised why Harry’s water bottle had been emptying so quickly, Harry was tugging and biting on the bottle making it jump about all over the place and making the water come out all over him and the cage. I quickly ordered a Ferplast mouse size drinking bottle as recommended by Serendipity7000 and in the morning cancelled the vet appointment.
The Ferplast bottle has come today, I have attached it to the wire cage and I will see how he gets on with it, but can anyone explain an easy way to empty the bottle and put fresh water in every night? You can fill it from the top to top it up, but from what I can work out there is no way of emptying the bottle to get rid of the old water without disconnecting it from the cage and to do that the metal part that he drinks from needs to be removed as it doesn’t fit through the bars, in disconnecting this it will mean the water that’s inside will pour out into the cage, I just don’t get it?!