View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 04:38 PM  
Altair
Newborn Pup

Default New robo hamster owner with a few questions

I know how to care for a regular hamster and I do have alot of small animal experience but I have never owned a robo before. I unexpectedly came into this hamster and he came with a set up...he didnt exactly come from an good home. I have a few things I know are wrong and would like the best recommendations for the replacement stuff.
First: his wheel. He has a flat disk wheel (I forgot what they're called sorry). The kind where it's just like a spinning plate. Its tiny (so is he but) and I think his paw slips off occasionally. I was curious as to what inch wheel I should get him (and the quietest wheel if that can be done)
Second: water bottles. He lives in a tank (dont worry I've made sure there's enough ventilation and everything) and...the people i got him from just sat a water bottle in the cage....he cant really drink from it. I've temporarily rigged a old water bottle to hand with some wires but I'm interested in finding a water bottle for tanks? All of the ones at the pet store are for cages (with wire hanging things for bars)
Thirdly: the best type of bedding. I dont really trust carefresh with a anaimal that small and they've been using shredded paper...as in old paper they shredded themselves! Ink anyone? That one angered me alot, even if I'm being a bit paranoid.
Fourth: what is the best type of chewing thing for him?
Thank you!!!
Altair is offline   Reply With Quote