Thread: Shy robo
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 06:30 AM  
strawberrykitten
Newborn Pup

Default Shy robo

Hi all,

I am sure similar questions have been asked before but I would really appreciate your advice. My robo hamster is about 10 months' old and I have had him since August. I knew he was quite skittish and not hand tame when I got him but I fell in love with him as he was so sweet. I love him to bits but I sometimes worry he's not happy. His cage is big enough: it's a metre long (I think it's the minimum recommended size for a hamster) and he has tunnels and other toys such as a wheel and flying saucer and bridge in there. The problem is he does not come out much and although he takes food from my fingers that is about it. I am a bit scared of him coming on my hand to be honest as he has bitten me before, not out of fear but I think just curiosity! I sometimes think if he had a little friend he would be happier but my flat isn't very big so I can't risk then having to get another cage if it doesn't work out as there is not space here for it. Does anyone have any tips? I would love him to be hand tame and for me to stroke him and pick him up and I want to get over my fear of being bitten. I talk to him and give him treats and he comes to me (not during the day as much as he is super skittish then). I just want him to be happy so if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it
strawberrykitten is offline   Reply With Quote