View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 05:07 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Weird lesions on Dora - vet unsure 😔

Yes a number of people have done things like mixing it into a bit of porridge or baby food. I guess you're more likely to have porridge handy than baby food. You just make it in a mug - teaspoon of oats and a bit of water and microwave it - maybe 30 seconds - or a bit more if it's still runny. Then put some on a teaspoon and let it cool (I do that rather than let it cool in the mug as it cools down quicker and also can go a bit too firm in the mug). So mix the medicine into the porridge on the teaspoon - just a tiny amount of porridge on the teaspoon or she may not eat all of it.

If you can get some baby food they tend to lap that up. Age 4 months is usually ok as it has no spices, tomato or onion - but check the label. Fruity chicken used to be our hamster's favourite. Again about half a teaspoonful with the medicine mixed in.

Hope that helps. Our last Syrian was very savvy though and wouldn't touch anything that had medicine in! Most hamsters eat the baby food or porridge If not then I think there is a way of squirting it in the side of their mouths with a small syringe - but see how you get on with the other options. They like porridge and it's good for them
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote