View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 05:32 AM  
MaryRobinson
Hamster Pup

Exclamation Weird lesions on Dora - vet unsure 😔

Hi chaps,
It’s been a while since I first posted about the timid, hand-phobic hammy we rescued and she is now about 1.5 years old... and the sweetest, friendliest little girl who we could ever have wished for. She is happy and healthy and not losing weight... but recently she developed what looked like a scratch above her right leg. We left it a week, thinking it would heal- though always supervise her so we’re a bit perplexed. Over this week, it’s doubled in size and looks less like a scab and more like necrotising black tissue. We took her to the vets today and they are stumped, but noticed two smaller lesions developing on the other side under her fur. She seems completely unshaded by them and is absolutely normal. Vet said it could be mites and have us spot-on (though we freeze her aspen bedding and food first so I’m skeptical) and also antibiotics. The vet said if neither works, it’s likely to be cancer.

What are your experiences? She’s not scratching at all, or eating or pooing less, or less active. Vet seems not to know. I really want to give her the right treatment - she’s my baby!! - what do you guys think?? x
MaryRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote