Thread: Cage layout
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 10:24 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Cage layout

I agree with Serendipity about the substrate & chains. I'm not sure if you would need to section of an area for the wheel if it's too tall for deep substrate? if need be you can do that with bendy bridges then fill the base completely with substrate, the house should be on a layer of substrate, as deep as you can. I always put some nest material/toilet tissue in the house but also leave some around the cage for them to collect more when they want.
I'm not really sure about those hanging chew toy things tbh, they're too . high up with so little substrate & apart from the chain issue not sure they offer much benefit.
For chews they enjoy I would stick with things like whimzee dog chews & hazel or apple sticks.
You still have quite a bit of open space there so you could use something like a cork tunnel or bendy bridges to make more things that double as little hideouts & something to climb on.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote