View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 10:16 PM  
sak_soon
Newborn Pup

Default Chili, The Pet House Sparrow- How to take care of a baby bird

This is how I found my pet sparrow, Chili. I saw her on the ground and watched her from distance for a long time if the mommy bird takes care of it. There was no sign of mommy bird and that place is usually full of cats and little kids. I didn't want to let her get killed by something or starve to death, so I took her home and started taking care of it.

This was my very first time taking care of a bird. And it's a baby bird lol. I was so nervous and didn't know what to do. I was researching soooooooooo much to figure out how to take care of a baby bird. I've never done so much research on bird in my life lolol. I eventually became the master of birds (ignore this sentence please lol).

I went to the bird sanctuary to get some advice. Idk if it was the god's plan, but I found a baby starling, that was in danger (it was getting bitten by millions of mites on the floor), on the way and also took him to the bird sanctuary as well. I was planning to take Chili and let them handle it. HOWEVER, the bird sanctuary does not use their resources to take care of starlings and house sparrows. If rescued birds are sick or something, they just put them down. They told me they would let me know what's gonna happen to the baby starling if they don't put it down.... and they never contacted me.. It scared me a lot and I decided to take care of Chili on my own since she had some feather problem already. I didn't want them to just give up on Chili that easily. It's totally legal to keep a house sparrow and starlings as a pet in the USA. I kinda regret taking the baby starling to the bird sanctuary... I should have taken him to the exotic pet vet and rescued him

If you ever find a baby bird, please watch this video and it will tell you everything you need to do. After the long research, I was finally able to make the perfect baby bird food that would support all the nutrient baby birds need. Some videos on YouTube that show how to make bird food wasn't really the best for baby sparrows.

Chili grew up so much and now she is an adult! I couldn't release her because she had a feather problem and get the special treatment until she fully grew up. Plus she has white feathers unlike other normal sparrows (yes, she is very special), so it would be best for her to stay inside or she will get eaten by hawks right away.

This is the video I uploaded today! I have extra videos that are just sitting there on my YouTube channel, so please check them out xD.