View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 10:31 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Treacle

Thank you BorisPasha, cypher, dreamtree1234, Thin Lizzy and pinkpixie

Happy Christmas and Updates

Treacle is still doing very well since moving into her bin cage – her arthritic legs don’t seem to be affecting her as much especially since modifying her ladder with sisal string as she races up it now. I try to get photo of her but she races around at such a pace that she not in most of my photos so here are a few that I managed to capture of her enjoying her festive cage …

Plus she is still loving her food and treats – she has a ferocious appetite. It’s so lovely hearing her excited chirps as she races over to discover what evening treat she has each night often takes it back to her bed to enjoy.

I finally managed to get Treacle some dried shrimp to try – after some of your suggested me trying Treacle with them. And every time I went out shopping I completely forgot to get some so finally I remember to get her some to try. After Liquorice refused to touch one I didn’t have high hope for Treacle as she can be a bit fussy with treats – well she couldn’t get enough of them and it was lovely hearing her happy chirps as she excitedly ate them.

I noticed the other day that Treacle had a red mark beside her right eye when holding her but as she never sits still for long enough I couldn't get a good look plus as she getting older she isn’t overly keen on being handled much prefer to be left alone in her cage – which I don’t mind as I will do whatever make her the happiest. So instead managed to get a photo – I know that it quite common for Russians to get red bumps by their eyes – so would appreciate someone with more experience of keeping Russians could offer me advice – as I don’t want to stress her out with an unnecessary vet visit especially with it being quite cold at the moment plus it doesn’t seem to be bothering her in the slightest. Here is the photo I took …

After my eventual year with unexpected losses of both Pumpkin and Maple I have been extremely worried and cautious with my girls – plus with not knowing Treacle’s exact age I was worried that she might not get to spend Christmas with me - so to mark this special occasion I decided to try to do a quick Christmassy photoshoot with her as I didn’t want to stress her out.

Treacle wanted to wish you and your hammies have an extra special Christmas together and spread love and happiness this Christmas – as she truly has brought so much happiness to me! So Treacle will also being getting spoilt this Christmas by Santa Paws.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 12-24-2018 at 01:30 PM.