View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 05:49 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Homemade diet questions

A pellet diet isn't ideal for any hamster but if the only way you can get a good balance of nutrients is to use a combination of different pellets than that's probably the best you can do as long as the ingredients are safe.
I wouldn't worry about dried veg really, oxbow is very high in fibre so you won't really need more of that & it's better to give fresh for the micronutrients rather than dried, non of my hams have been keen on any dried veg tbh but they all enjoy a variety of different fresh veg & have something daily.
Tofu is fine for extra protein, plain cooked chicken is good too, mealworms are high in fat but giving a few is fine, if you can find dried fresh water shrimps they're great for protein with less fat too.
It is difficult to get protein high enough with raising fat levels too much when you try to make your own diet I know, but if you give fresh veg & low fat protein like tofu & chicken it does balance out better.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote