Thread: Nugget's thread
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 05:18 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Nugget's thread

When you say the version with the tubes and platforms (ie the Hamster Heaven) and mention the metal ladder - do you mean you have the Savic Mickey 2XL for the dwarf hammies (like the hamster heaven but narrow bar spacing)? Just asking because the metal shelf and ladder in that is bad for their feet with the rungs. I binned mine. Or you could cover the shelf with cardboard or a hemp mat (not sure you could do that for the ladder. Runged metal can cause a painful condition called bumblefoot - just to make you aware. Maybe you have different platforms and ladders now though. Personally I would get rid of the metal one and metal ladder and use something else - bendy bridges can do as ramps instead of ladders too.

I have a bendy bridge that screws to the bars and use that as a ramp. Also the large cork logs next to a shelf make a kind of ramp and a tunnel as well.

Agree that the Hamster Heaven is better without the tubes and penthouse The tubes and penthouse don't work well at all for Syrians and there's only really room for one of the shelves when you have a syrian sized wheel to fit in as well. So the empty cage is better! On the other hand the hamster heaven at Zooplus is way cheaper than the Savic Mickey 2XL on Amazon so the plastic stuff and tubes etc are free basically!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote