View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:04 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Liquorice

Thank you mangoandmimi, Sasha04, cypher, BorisPasha, dreamtree1234, Thin Lizzy, pinkpixie and Coco61

It’s been a while since I last update you all on Liquorice (and Treacle)- we have had lots of up and a couple of downs but she is really started letting her naughty tortie side out and out bond is strengthening further.

We did have another incident where she bite me - a few days after my last post - however something startled Liquorice whilst I was holding her and in her panic she bite me. However haven’t had another incident since. Plus I had a few days where I couldn’t get Liquorice (or Treacle) out as I had come down with a cold and I didn’t want either of them to get ill. Although I am still working on boosting her confidence - still quite shy although no where as timid as when I first got her.

Liquorice is loving her daily playpen session, she has so much fun running around, climbing over me plus having cuddles - and has been busy the last few days spent marking every inch of her playpen, her toys and even myself! Unlike some of my past girls she doesn’t have the same interest in trying to escape until she ready to go back into her cage. Although she has started trying to chew holes in the playpen and when Liquorice realises she been seen she looks so innocent at me - plus she know her expressions melt my heart!

As Liquorice is confident climbing into my hand in her playpen I have started doing this inside her cage which she some evenings she is more than happy with other days she will only feel comfortable with putting her front paws onto my hand. But this is a huge improvement as when she was in her bin cage she wouldn’t even take a treat from me and would even hiss at my hand or get startled.

The few nights this weeek Liquorice has woken me up during the night to her chewing - I couldn’t work out exactly what she was chewing on - so today when I did spot clean in her cage I realised that she was chewing the leg of her Knuff shelf luckily it the one in the far left corner so it doesn’t wobble as it supported by the edge of the cage but that is now on my to do list to attach a new leg.

Without further ado here are some recent photo I’ve taken of my beautiful Liquorice...

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 11-20-2018 at 12:37 PM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote