View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 07:56 AM  
alpacassei
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Goodbye my Mishka

As many of you have probably seen from my signature, my little Mishka passed away not long ago. Almost a month ago now but I’ve only just now felt ready to write her post.

She was the sweetest little Russian dwarf hammie, always running around playing! Her absolute favourite toys were her sand bath and flying saucer (many of which she broke by getting sand inside the spinny part). She was blind but never let it stop her from running around exploring (I swear she never slept!) and climbing, sometimes she’d get a bit overexcited and run into things tho! Whenever I called her name or if she even just heard me near her cage, she would run over to the door and pat at it to come out and play! If I tried to kiss her little face, she would scrunch her face up at push me away with a tiny paw (kisses are gross, she was far too cool for kisses).

I remember the first time I saw in p@h, trying to burrow in the thin layer of woodshaving. There was a gap in the side of the tank big enough for her to stick her nose through and sniff at my hand. I just went in to pick up hamster food so I didn’t have ID with me and p@h wouldn’t let me reserve her so I just sat watching her for 2 hours while I waited for my friend to bring my ID.

Unfortunately she developed diabetes at 9 months old which eventually led to glaucoma and cataracts. She was determined to still hamster around as much as possible though!

She passed away at 1 year and 1 month snuggled in my blanket. Her health suddenly took a turn for the worse, she didn’t want to eat or drink, only sleep and all her movement became very slow and clumsy. I tried to give her water and porridge at first but she made it clear, it was her time to go. She didn’t want to leave me and would cling to me when I tried to put her back in her hospital tank so I let her sleep on my lap for most of her last day. When I had to leave her, I put my blanket in her tank, where she snuggled up until she passed away peacefully not long after.

I miss her so much every single day, my new hamgirls have helped me a lot but sometimes it’s just unbearable to think I’ll never see her again. I still expect to see her little paws patting at the cage door when I go over the hamster corner.

Here’s some of my favourite photos of her
B0CCDEAB-EA71-418F-BE68-5B1C673AD08E.jpeg

91CEA347-14C2-4836-AA72-1A4C71655684.jpeg

0A00DECC-99CB-4536-9863-BFBC39483C94.jpeg

D71CEF47-3403-4FF5-81B2-D10C17DA5124.jpeg
alpacassei is offline   Reply With Quote