Thread: over weight ?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 09:18 AM  
mangoandmimi
Little Miss Tinytoes

Default Re: over weight ?

I think Hazel hamster has been confirmed to be identical to Harry, not sure if the protein % is still labelled differently which was a bit confusing. Can’t say I’m thrilled with the look of either of them which is probably an unpopular opinion - last time I used Harry hamster half of it was corn and the other half pellets. But lots of Syrians do well on it and it’s quite popular over here.

Alternatives are Higgins vita garden (no added sugar, decent variety) which I probably like the look of most. Wouldn’t say the variety is brilliant but it looks most healthy. A lot of people use Higgins sunburst (does have added sugar + has extra fruits) because it has better variety. There are others, Sunseed Sunsations looks ok too but not seen anyone use it really. Often the protein is too low to work with or its not good quality, others have questionable ingredients. And unfortunately I’m not that familiar with many other US foods as not really looked into it!
Those do need protein supplementing so check the fat content is acceptable if you’re using mealworms as it’ll likely end up too high with those foods. It would make more sense to use freeze dried chicken or a higher protein lab block, or both.
mangoandmimi is offline   Reply With Quote