View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 12:57 PM  
rinn123
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Syrian hamster losing hair and scabs and wounds appearing everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Ponymad2104 I do know & understand about food allergies but reactions like this are quite rare in hamsters & if it's not an external factor causing the problem it is more likely to be a nutritional problem or disease, you can't rule anything out in some cases but I find it helps to look at problems more commonly seen in hams first.

rinn123 it could be a protein problem but it does sound as though with the extras you are giving enough protein, it could be a vitamin problem too, vitamin A is another possible issue but it's guess work really & best to try to give the best diet you can manage.
I see! Could it be that she was previously not allergic to that thing then developed an allergy later on? Is Harry hamster considered as the best mix for Syrians on its own? I can get the supreme science selective hamster blocks. I read about mazuri lab blocks and higgins sunburst but I cant find anyway to get them here, not even online.

Last edited by rinn123; 11-14-2018 at 01:16 PM.
rinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote