Thread: Míriel
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 01:37 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Míriel

Thanks BP, dreamtree,mangoandmimi & Lizzy

Little bit of an update on Mini Míri, there hasn’t been much to tell (apart from being super cute & funny!) as taming has been going very slowly, she’s been so good coming out every evening around 8ish & staying out even when she’s clearly nervous I decided to go at her pace rather than try to force things & have her start hiding away.
I think about a week ago maybe less her pouching & hoarding instinct finally kicked in, suddenly loads of food was disappearing overnight whereas before she would just sit & eat where the food was, at the same time she got very skittish again & was acting as though she thought I was going to steal her food, whenever I went near she would run around the cage checking on all the places I put it!
Last couple of days have been better though & yesterday was a real breakthrough with her rushing to the bars when she saw me begging for treats! Up until now it’s just been one & she won’t do it again but she had a pumpkin seed, pouched it & was looking for another which was soon pouched although she seemed to struggle a bit with that one she soon got the hang of it & I hate to think how many she had over the evening, I’m not counting lol! She just couldn’t get enough & I couldn’t pick them up quick enough for her so she was climbing the bars looking for them all over the place before I could get her another!
She’s still scared of finger tips but if I put the tips of my fingers under something she will take some food from me with my hand in the cage & yesterday finally climbed on to my hand for the first time, the feel of those little paws totally melted my heart bless her.
I can’t believe how much she’s grown now, she must be twice the size she was, still a lot smaller than Zylvan though but she is still only 9 weeks so more growing to do!
I’m sure she must be brave enough for more photos now so I’ll see what I can do in the next day or two.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote