View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 08:46 PM  
rinn123
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Syrian hamster losing hair and scabs and wounds appearing everywhere.

I see! Thank you very much! I appreciate it alot!! I will check on her claws when I get back home. I didnt wipe the base of the cage, but I wiped the outer part of the cage and the top parts of it where she couldn't reach, but as you said she probably can smell the scent very strongly. At first I thought that it would keep insects away, but I dont think insects seem to be bothering her.

She scratches quite alot and bites her legs abit. I also tried putting some coconut oil because her skin seemed to be dry and I thought it would help with the itch. She seems to be sleeping more but is still active when she is awake, although her time awake is shorter. I read that this might be a side effect of the antibiotics?
I tried saline solution for places close to the face! The others I'm using antiseptic and applying ointment, is that okay?

I dont really clean her cage that often! I put down many layers of kitchen towel and alot of shredded kitchen towels where she nests. And surprisingly she pees in her litter box , which I removed sand and replaced with paper pellet bedding after she started to have skin problems.

I'm probably going to switch to a paper bedding that looks like kaytee paper bedding after her skin problem settles down.

About spot cleaning, do I have to clean out her poops? Or is it okay to leave them in so I dont stress her out by over cleaning?
I see, I will not give her lettuce then and see how she does.

Last edited by souffle; 11-16-2018 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Havent finished writing
rinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote