View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 01:56 AM  
rinn123
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Syrian hamster losing hair and scabs and wounds appearing everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Do you know the nutritional value of the mix you are buying now? It's important to know they are getting the right amount of protein, fibre, fat & essential vitamins so if you're unsure it may be better to use a commercial mix, if you're able to get a good one. The ones you were using aren't really very good the cunipic is low in protein & doesn't have a good variety of ingredients nor it versele laga very good really, if you get a better mix for her that would be better as it's possible she may be deficient in some nutrients, while that may not be the cause it will impact on her being able to heal well.
No I don't know the nutritional value of the mix. But i give her a few oxbow blocks for the fibre content. I give her some mealworms, freeze dried chicken and freeze dried fish occasionally. I'm getting a mix of supreme blocks,harry hamster for her from overseas which will be arriving soon. We don't have a lot of good choices here where I live, Malaysia.
rinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote