View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 06:05 PM  
Murmel
Newborn Pup

Default Re: What should I do?

@cypher He has been running around like normal again today, he has even moved into his house by now. At the beginning he was very suspicious of it because it had a bigger opening than his old natural wood house and he normally chooses tiny spaces over larger, better spaces. Like, if I put in a house for a dwarf, he would cram himself in there in an instant and ignore his syrian hamster house completely, he is hopeless. But he has gone in now, and natural wood houses are one of the things I will not be purchasing again either. I have heard that more and more lately from German owners that more and more clips and nails were standing out harmfully, so I am not gonna risk it. I mean, my house seemed fine, and half a year later: Random nail! It wasn't even holding anything or attaching anything to the house. So thanks for telling me, I won't be buying those again either.

@dreamtree1234 really? That's aweful, good that she figured it out in time! It was good thing she went to the vet and got him checked, poor both of them, it must've been really stressful! Glad to hear the ham's doing fine now though Luckily, Murmel doesn't really lose fur, at least not large amounts. It's normal, but I guess since he was rubbing against the walls normal dead hair and also life hair got stuck in the walls. He has no bald spots and a beautifully groomed mane. I just looked as well, no tomatoes in his food, only carrots, beet root, meelworms, seeds and the like. will keep an eye out for tomatoes from now on though, thanks for letting me know, I was thinking of giving him fresh ones as feshs at some point, so thank god you told me, actually.
Honestly, I was shocked that I didn't notice the nail sooner, but glad I could fix my mistake before anything happened. Hugs to you and your furry guy(s) as well, and lots of cuddles
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote