View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 04:27 AM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: What should I do?

I'm so sorry that you and Murmel have been going through this, but I'm so pleased that your little sweetheart is doing better. I will keep my fingers crossed that his condition continues to improve and he will be perfectly fine in no time. I'm also sorry that his wooden house had an exposed nail, too. Luckily, you were able to catch it in time. Hugs to you and cuddles to Murmel. Btw, I just wanted to mention that a friend of mine had a ham who was losing fur, scratching, sneezing, and acting uncomfortable so she thought her ham may have had mites and treated him for that. The condition continued to worsen so she went to the vet. It turned out that she had been feeding the ham with hamster food that contained a trace amount of tomatoes in the ingredients. The vet told her that tomatoes are poisonous to hams and to discontinue using the food. After that, the ham's itchiness stopped immediately, all of the hair grew back nicely, and the ham no longer showed any signs of stress. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what brand of ham food she used to use containing tomatoes, but you may want to check to be sure Murmel isn't using any foods that has tomatoes listed as an ingredient even in the tiniest amount.

"...she fell into a deep sleep, and dreamed the dreams of the dreamtree." ~Stephen Cosgrove
Mum to Duchess. Fur Angels Eros007, Arwen, Hinata & Snickers 4Ever.
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote